Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Still moving forward....


Exercise #1: First Steps (Pick one of your first steps, complete it, and blog about it)
I’m still contacting people for advice and inspiration. I just received an email the director of a community program contact me over the weekend after a month. He said he never checks his email….. I haven’t completely given up on my interviews.

Exercise #3: Sunday Meeting (Hold a Sunday Night Planning Meeting (with yourself) and blog about it)
This week is so crazy packed with papers and projects. I’m so ready for all to be over.

1. Finishing SOC 300 Project (we killed it!!!)
2. Writing and completing my SOC 385 Essay
3. Making some serious progress on my lynching paper
4. Volunteer with Glass Slipper Project on Saturday (so excited!!!!)
5. Continuing stackin’ paper
6. Begin packing up my dorm


My main goal for right now is just finishing the semester strong and brings home some good grades.

Exercise #2: Business Meeting (Hold your next Weekly Business Meeting with your buddy and blog about it)
I chose Sherronda as my buddy for three reasons:
1. She’s a pretty good friend
2. She knows my goal, dreams and fears
3. She is in the class with me

Our meeting was pretty short because we were both busy, tired and had papers to write that are do this week.
1. Discussed projects and papers that were due at the end of semester
2. Making contact with people for interviews or internships
3. Discussing summer plans and projects
4. Planning interior design ideas for our places next year


Granny Update:
Granny is doing just fine. The procedure went well but they weren’t able to do everything they need to do so she’ll have to go back in June. She’s a real fighter. Thanks for all the prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear about you Granny! I'm happy for you!

    ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture this is! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete