Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wrapping Things Up!!

Don't be afraid of what you really want.

I'm pretty amazed that I got through this class. I've had so meltdowns through the whole journey. I think learned alot about myself and what I really want out of my life. The road to that place is still very scary for me though. The scariest realization is the fact that future is not some time in the far future but very close and quickly approaching. I'm still worried that I won't be prepared to survive out in the real world. Right now I'm just trying to finish the semester strong and make big plans for over the summer. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress.

1. How you have grown this semester?

I learned what I really wanted out of my life and not to allow others (especially my family) dictate what I should do with my future.

2. How has your thinking changed (about yourself, your future, what’s possible in the world, etc…)?

I realized that I NEED TO PLAN!!! Things are not always going to fall into place. Sometimes you need to make plans and preparations for the future. Networking is so important and still something I really need to work on.

3. What activities and behaviors have you engaged in for the first time?

Reaching out to people I don't know and asking for help and advice.

4. What are the 3 things you liked best about Leadership for Change?

I really liked the fact that we got the chance to really think about what we wanted, the inspiration films we watched and the blogs.

5. What are the 3 things you liked least about Leadership for Change?

I couldn't stand those support teams but did like it when they were mixed up toward the end. The Komives book. That's it.

6. What 3 things would you suggest to improve Leadership for Change next semester?

I would encourage more blogging, an additional panel and replacing the Komives book.

I really enjoyed the class and would encourage anyone a little lost about their future to take it. Thanks for another great class

1 comment:

  1. sometimes you need to go through all the meltdowns and such to get to where you want to be. I'm very happy you've gotten something out of this class!

    Ben O.

    ReplyDelete